Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dad Advice needed :(

Okay, so my dad grew up with my grandmother (his mom) always paying for everything and he's lived with her like 98% of his life, probably closer to 100%. So, I wanted to tell you guys a little bit about the current situation and see if anyone has any tips on how I can handle this:

So, to start off, my grandma passed away and he's going to have to sell the house and start working. Well, most of grandma's money was given to me, and he expects me to let him borrow a TON of it so he can get an apartment. I love him, but I'm not sure he'll pay me back. Also, I keep mentioning how he needs to get a job, and he keeps slacking and putting it off. I'm am just SO insanely annoyed with him and don't want to help him at all. Grandma always told me to not let him use me like he did to her. What should I do? Because he honestly thinks I'm just gunna give him money and that it's okay.

I don't trust the guy :( I'm so upset about this!! I love my dad a lot and wish him the best but I can't sit around and pay for him for the rest of his life. He keeps making excuses like, "Well, I have a lot of packing to do and the new job wouldn't give me the days off." That's SO not true and he knows it!
It's so hard for me, because he's my dad and I love him so much, but he has major issues! You know? I mean, he gets drunk sometimes for an entire week and last time that happened, he kicked me and slapped my bf. He's just such a mean person when he drinks. How can he possibly keep a job when he gets that way. I honestly can only picture him being homeless as sad as that sounds.

Oh ya, another question I had for you guys was:

My dad and I have a car and it's in both of our names, should I take it off? I live in Washington USA, and I'm worried about getting in trouble if he crashed or hit a person or something like that. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies, it means a lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment