Saturday, February 13, 2010

Grandma's Birthday

Today marks the exact day that my grandmother passed away, just two months ago. It's so weird waking up and not having her here, not being able to see her, speak to her. Today would have been her 85th birthday. I took some time and wrote a little note for her on my website. I really feel so blessed to have met such a wonderful woman! She was so kind and so giving. She put everyone else above her. I miss her terribly and can't wait to see her again one day. Have any of you lost someone you loved? What did you do to make it easier to deal with? I’m hoping one day I can wake up and it won’t feel like such a dream. Lately, I’ve been dreaming a lot about her and it’s been very comforting because I get to see her and hear her voice again. I feel so lucky to have so many videos of her that I can look at when I miss her. I’m still in shock in a way. I mean, she was just here, she’s always been here, and now she’s just.. gone. I wish I could explain in words how much she meant to me but I’m not sure it’s possible. She was my mom, one of my best friends, the main person in my life. I went to her for anything and everything. She was my support in every sense of the word. She listened to me, loved me and showed me how to be a good person. She was a person to look up to, and a person to trust. I’m not sure if I’ll ever meet anyone in my lifetime like her again and I hope that all of you reading this can experience, even if just for a moment, someone like her. When you do, you’ll never forget, because it will be a very special moment indeed.


<3 RIP Grandma. I LOVE YOU <3

I will never forget you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment