Monday, May 10, 2010

Do what makes you happy

Why is it that when people find out I’m an online writer, they tend to think I will not be able to make enough money and that I would be better off getting a “real” job. Okay, I get what they’re saying to a point, because this whole online thing is new, even to me. But, I am the kind of person who believes that you can do whatever you want and if you try hard enough and really have a passion for what you’re doing, things will work out. I know that may sound like a bit of a naïve thing to say, but I truly believe it. I know I’ve had a bit of luck throughout my life to be able to do what I’m doing now and test it out, but I have passion for writing. I have passion for helping people. I can’t help it. It’s funny too because I’ve known this my entire life, but was so focused on thinking about what I “should” do, and that held me back. So much of the time, I think we think in a way that society has taught us to and forget to “think outside the box”, as my boyfriend always says.


If there is something that you want to do in your life, something that you are so passionate about, and that would make you happy, go for it. You only have one life and at the end of the day, you have every right to be satisfied with yourself and what you’re doing. Do what feels right of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment