Monday, July 19, 2010

Misunderstandings

I’m not sure why but lately there have been a lot of misunderstandings in my house. These misunderstandings have led to a lot of stupid fights that never needed to happen in the first place. I don’t want to get into too much detail because it’s all over now, but I thought I’d share because I think people forget to communicate a lot of the time which leads to fights or even the end of a relationship that didn’t have to happen in the first place.


So anyway, my boyfriend and I are very happy but when I hear something that he’s said to his friend or things like that, I get nervous. I was told that he wasn’t happy with me, that he wanted to leave me and all kinds of things like that. I was very hurt and didn’t know what to do. So, I went directly to my boyfriend and asked him if it was true. He said no. So, I figured his friend was lying.

Well, turns out no one was lying. The whole thing had been a huge misunderstanding. His friend had been angry at the time he told me, and he wasn’t paying attention to how he had worded things. I also took the things wrong and by the time I told my boyfriend, everything was all scrambled up. When my boyfriend had said he wanted to take a break from me if we were still fighting when he had a better job, I had turned it into, when he got a bigger job, he wanted to leave me.

This is a reminder for everyone reading this to pay close attention to details and talk to the source. Things can get confused and twisted when repeated. I hope this helps your relationships!

No comments:

Post a Comment