Saturday, February 12, 2011

Engaged!


I have the most exciting news ever! My boyfriend asked me to marry him the other day. I’ve never thought I would ever get married because of everything I’ve seen in my past. In this day and age, it seems like everyone is always breaking up and getting divorced. While I’m not against divorce, I personally don’t want to ever go through that experience. When I said “yes” to Chris, which is only because I really can see us making it work forever. I can see us getting through all the hard times and pulling through strong in the end. We have been through so much in the last year and a half that we have been together and it’s proven so much to me. I have changed so much, even in the past month or two. We are constantly growing, maturing and figuring out what we want in life. I get butterflies just thinking about him, and am excited to see him every single day. To me, that’s love. To me, love is knowing someone so well and being comfortable around them; it’s being vulnerable around them and letting them into your heart like no one else has ever been let in before. Chris has been here for me through so much and when I kept thinking he was going to give up on trying, he always stuck around.
I have no idea when we will get married, but that’s fine with me. I could do it tomorrow, or I could do it years from now. Anything works for me. I’m just so happy to have found my match!

No comments:

Post a Comment